Auckland Airport has won top honours at the 2019 Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) Awards in Dallas.
The airport’s new look international terminal restaurant precinct took out the Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year – recognition of the best and most innovative concepts in travel-related food and beverage around the world.
As Auckland Airport continues to grow New Zealand’s flight connections to the world, we are striving to deliver a world-class experience for every customer that passes through our doors, said Richard Barker, General Manager Retail & Commercial at Auckland Airport.
“The FAB Awards are like a global food and beverage Olympics in our industry. Auckland Airport was competing with very high-profile global airports and we are absolutely delighted to have been recognized for our approach to creating an airport dining offer that Kiwis can be proud of,” said Mr Barker.
Completed in phases during 2018-2019 as part of an expanded international terminal departures area, the 14 brand new food and beverage outlets post-security offer everything from award-winning Italian, Vietnamese and authentic Chinese dumplings, to popular high street brands such as Al Brown’s Best Ugly Bagels, Mexico and Better Burger.
Much of the transformation reflects customer requests for more variety – from restaurant-style meals to modern grab and go food.
Dining options have more than doubled, as has seating areas, with an overall design that embraces the unique views onto the runway and harbour, allowing people to relax and enjoy the final stages of their pre-departure journey.
Auckland Airport’s world-class food and beverage offering received several category awards, including:
- Airport ‘Food to Go’ of the Year
- Regional winner (Asia Pacific): Auckland Airport, Hayama Sushi & Noodles
- The FAB Innovation Award
- Winner: Auckland Airport, Glamp Grounds Bar (location: after security, international terminal)
- Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year
- Regional winner (Asia Pacific): Delaware North Companies NZ Retail, Blue Marble Lane Bar & Bistro, Auckland Airport (location: before security, international terminal)
- Airport Food & Beverage Offer Best Reflecting Sense of Place
- Regional winner (Asia Pacific): Auckland Airport, Glamp Grounds
- Outstanding Airport Restaurant Design of the Year
- Regional winner (Asia Pacific): Delaware North Companies NZ Retail, Blue Marble Lane Bar & Bistro – Auckland
- Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year; Winner: Auckland Airport International Terminal