Jetstar set to resume domestic New Zealand operations as restrictions ease
- June 8, 2020
Jetstar has today announced it will resume domestic flying across New Zealand on 1 July, with fares available from $21.
The resumption of services will see Jetstar flying 75 return flights per week to five destinations, returning to approximately 60 per cent of its normal domestic schedule. Customers with bookings on the remaining 40 per cent of flights have been contacted and offered a range of options.
Jetstar will closely monitor demand, with further domestic flights likely be added to the schedule in coming months.
LAUNCH OF FLY WELL
As part of the Qantas Group’s ‘Fly Well’ program, Jetstar will have a range of measures to ensure a safe environment at airports and onboard aircraft, giving customers extra peace of mind. This includes contactless check-in, enhanced cleaning, and masks and sanitising wipes made available to customers.
IMPROVED FLEXIBILITY FOR CUSTOMERS
To provide customers with greater flexibility and confidence when they book, for bookings made on jetstar.com between 8 and 30 June 2020, we’ll waive the change fee one time if customers decide to change the date of travel. Customers will have to cover any Fare Difference (if any) for the new booking. This offer applies for travel between 1 July and 31 October 2020 on any Jetstar Airways (JQ) domestic flights within New Zealand.
Jetstar’s New Zealand domestic schedule from 1 July includes:
- Auckland to Christchurch (24 weekly return flights)
- Auckland to Dunedin (3 return weekly flights)
- Auckland to Wellington (27 return weekly flights)
- Auckland to Queenstown (14 return weekly flights)
- Christchurch to Wellington (7 return weekly flights)
Jetstar’s sale runs from today until Wednesday 10 June 23:59 and includes low fares such as:
- Auckland to Wellington from $21
- Auckland to Christchurch from $21
- Christchurch to Wellington from $32
- Auckland to Dunedin from $45
- Auckland to Queenstown from $48
Please see Jetstar.com for sale terms and conditions.