Jewel Changi Airport to welcome the world
- March 8, 2019
Jewel Changi Airport will swing its doors open on 17 April 2019, offering travellers a world-class tourist destination. As most Kiwis would agree, Changi Airport is already a very impressive experience, compared to the usual rigours of international airports. But Jewel, which has been a long time in the making, looks set to take Changi Airport to the next level.
Featuring a unique steel and glass façade, Jewel will be located landside and seamlessly attached to Changi Terminal 1, with easy access from Terminals 2 and 3. So no matter where you’re departing from or arriving into at Changi, if you have some downtime, Jewel will be in easy reach for some tantalising time-killing. Here’s a sneak peek at some of its incredible features, as released by Changi Airport.
Jewel will offer a unique line-up of attractions, including the Forest Valley – four storeys of verdant landscaping, providing the perfect respite between shopping and dining stops and the 40-metre tall Rain Vortex. Opening in June 2019, the Canopy Park – located on the topmost level of Jewel – will give visitors an array of play attractions, gardens and walking trails. Some of the play attractions include Canopy Mazes, a Bouncing Net and a Walking Net, a 50m-long Canopy Bridge; and Discovery Slides – a 4-slides-in-1 sculptural playground that children and the young at heart can enjoy.
Jewel will also have its own 130-room YOTELAIR Singapore Changi Airport, ideal for busy travellers who need flexible check-in and check-out timings. Also available from April, passengers with late departures from Changi Airport will enjoy the convenience of early check-in for their flights with storage available even for their hand-carry luggage.
Featuring over 280 shops and eateries, Jewel will offer several first-in-Singapore brands such as Shake Shack, Pokémon Center Singapore, Burger & Lobster, Läderach and Pink Fish. Foodies with a taste for exotic cuisine need look no further with the introduction of TONITO, a Peruvian concept offering classic ceviche and iconic Pisco Sour cocktails. Singapore’s “dame of cooking”, Violet Oon, will also open her largest restaurant to date, offering popular local delicacies such as Dry Laksa, Beef Rendang, Satays and Roti Jala.
Well-loved homegrown brands such as Naiise and Supermama will also be in residence alongside national icon, Tiger Beer, which will unveil a first-in-the-world Tiger Street Lab, offering exclusive-to-Jewel seasonal brews, inspired by elements of Singapore and fuelled by local ingredients.
Five things you should know about Jewel:
1. Jewel’s iconic structure with its glass and steel façade was designed by world-renowned architect, Moshe Safdie – the same architect that designed Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel
2. Jewel’s Forest Valley will contain one of the largest collections of indoor plants in Singapore, dedicating 22,000 square metres of space to landscaping throughout the complex
3. At 40 metres tall, the breathtaking Rain Vortex will be located at the central core of the complex and will be the tallest indoor waterfall in the world
4. Canopy Park occupies a space of approximately 14,000 square metres, the equivalent of 11 Olympic swimming pools
5. The Canopy Bridge, which suspends 23 metres above ground, will have glass panel flooring in the centre portion of the bridge for visitors to look right down to ground level of Jewel
More information on Jewel Changi Airport can be found at www.jewelchangiairport.com