‘The Business’ on Virgin Australia’s Trans-Pacific route
- September 1, 2016
Virgin Australia’s new International Business Class has officially launched representing a significant enhancement to the customer experience on the trans-Pacific route.
The airline’s flagship Business Class product ‘The Business’ and a new Business Class Bar and Lounge is now flying daily between Sydney and Los Angeles. It will be installed on all Virgin Australia Boeing 777-300ER aircraft by September 2016, together with a new Premium cabin and a new Economy Space + product in the main cabin.
Key features of ‘The Business’ on Virgin Australia’s Boeing 777-300ER aircraft:
37 individual and private suites that convert into the length of a queen size bed at 80 inches;
- Reverse herringbone cabin layout, maximising privacy and enabling 100 per cent direct aisle access in a 1-2-1 configuration;
- Generous side console area providing ample space to work, multitask and store personal items, with the addition of a bedside amenity nook for easy access while resting;
- Customised triple-layer seat cushion supported by a hammock sub-frame and a turndown service with memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas;
- The largest in-flight entertainment screen flying between Australia and North America, with an 18-inch High Definition touch screen;
- Luke Mangan-designed menus paired with premium wines and delivered in a fine dining experience tailored to our guests’ needs through à la carte or Express Dining options;New Signature Service elements designed to enhance Virgin Australia’s award-winning service, including a Cocktail and Canapé Service with a choice of Bellini, Kir Royale or Mimosa along with a Luke Mangan-designed canapé plate;
- Virgin Australia’s world-first partnership with Nespresso to be served in ‘The Business’ and at the Business Class Bar and Lounge.
Designed by prestigious London agency tangerine, the new Business Class cabin has already won a Good Design Award 2016 and a Red Dot Award 2016, and was one of three finalists in the Cabin Concepts category at the Crystal Cabin Awards 2016.