Fresh sizzle in Singapore
- November 14, 2018
Five bars from Singapore were recognised in the World’s Best 50 Bars List for 2018, putting Singapore in the same class as global nightlife hubs, London and New York.
● Manhattan, which earned its place at #3 on the list, is an elegant art-deco inspired bar fitted with glass elevators and marble floors. The menu is a tour of Manhattan’s various neighbourhoods, providing old-school glamour with a New York flare. www.regenthotels.com/regent-singapore/dining/manhattan
● Atlas is another must-visit and #8 on the list. Home to over 1,000 varieties of gin, the luxurious, gothic-inspired bar offers exquisite food and as you can imagine – an extensive cocktail menu. http://atlasbar.sg/atlas-story
● Native, a bar that uses only regionally-sourced ingredients, draws in travellers with their inventive menu, including basil leaf frozen with liquid nitrogen and garnished with crunchy ants. Native also earned its place at #13 on the list, achieving the ‘highest climber’ award after being placed at #47 last year. http://tribenative.com/
One of the biggest nightclub brands in the world, Marquee, is slated to hit the shores of Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands hotel in 2019. Be dazzled by this new multi-concept dining and entertainment destination that spans across three levels. The venue features a full-sized ferris wheel that overlooks the dancefloor and performances by the brand’s bevy of musical residents, including Kaskade, Dash Berlin, Erick Morillo, Andrew Rayel, DJ Khaled, French Montana and Travis Scott. www.marinabaysands.com/nightclubs/marquee-singapore
Singapore’s iconic Raffles Hotel has unveiled its new line up of dining experiences and celebrity chef collaborations, ahead of its much-anticipated reopening in 2019. In early October, Long Bar, an classic favourite known as the birthplace of the iconic Singapore Sling reopened fully restored. Celebrity-chefs Alain Ducasse, Anne-Sophie Pic and Jereme Leung will also enhance the Raffles experience, bringing new Mediterranean, French and Chinese dining concepts. www.raffles.com/singapore
Jewel Changi Airport (Jewel) is a world-class tourist destination and an extension of Singapore Changi Airport. Set to open in the first half of 2019, Jewel will be the gateway to Singapore, boosting the airport’s already impressive offerings that have earned it the title of the ‘Best Airport in the World’ for six consecutive years by Skytrax.
Jewel’s iconic structure with its glass and steel façade was designed by world-renowned architect, Moshe Safdie (the same architect that designed Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands). It will be located at the landside, offering a vast array of options to dine, shop, play and stay for travellers arriving for business or leisure, even if only just a matter of hours.
Key attractions and offerings include:
● Forest Valley, four storeys of lush greenery (and one of Singapore’s largest indoor collection of plants) is perfect for walking up or rejuvenating between shopping and dining stops
● Rain Vortex – the world’s tallest indoor waterfall at 40m high, which transforms into a Light and Sound show after dark
● Canopy Mazes, a pair of mazes which includes the world’s first mirror maze set in a garden
● Sky Nets, of which one is a 250 metre long bouncing net
● Over 280 retail stores and eateries with several first-in-Singapore brands such as Shake Shack, Pokémon Center Singapore and Läderach.
Jewel is seamlessly linked to Terminal 1’s Arrival Hall and is only a short travelator ride from Terminals 2 and 3. Keep your eye on the time, you don’t want to miss your flight!