Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival 2018
- September 13, 2018
Celebrating its 10th year, the CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival is being staged from 25 to 28 October 2018, and will be the largest festival to-date with more than 450 booths serving up a range of international wines and cuisines.
The 2018 festival will reach from the Central Harbourfront Event Space to Tamar Park on Hong Kong Island and will offer a wide range of wine and dine experiences for all tastebuds.
2018 highlights include:
• Five international chefs will join forces to present the Ten Michelin Starred Dinner at the Tasting Room. The master chefs, who between them have been awarded eight Michelin stars, will collaborate with two renowned Hong Kong chefs from Michelin starred restaurants, Man Wah and Mandarin Grill + Bar, to host an eight course wine pairing banquet. The menu will be a fusion of Chinese, Thai and French elements.
• To celebrate the 10th year of the festival, wine lovers can take advantage of Wine & Dine 10th Edition Specials and the 2009 Vintage, exclusive to the 2018 event. Featured items include: chocolate imperial stout (aged in bourbon and brandy barrels) and Favilla Fuji (Baileys chocolate luxe and Junmaishu Nigori Sake). Plus, the 2009 vintage commemorative series, which dates back to the founding year of the Wine & Dine Festival and includes selections from Robert Parker’s 100 point red wines.
• Two new food zones, International Street Eats and Coffee Fiesta, will make their debut. The zones will feature special delicacies including: Jiu-Wu Beef Noodle from Taiwan; and local delicacies from Korea, Europe and Latin America. For the sweet tooth, renowned coffee and pastry shops, including: Coco Espresso; Say Hey Bakery; and celebrity dessert shop Alice Wild Luscious, will make up the Coffee Fiesta zone.
• The Perfect 10 Passport will be introduced this year to encourage visitors to push their comfort zones and sample new food and wine combinations. The passport includes wine and food tokens, a welcome drink and a 10th edition limited wine glass.
• The wine offering will be expanded to feature grapes from first time participating chateaux, representing countries and regions including: Burgundy; Croatia; and Russia. 2017 favourites, including: the Robert Parker Wine Advocate Pavilion; FeedMe Lane; and The Concept Store, will also make a return.
• No birthday party is complete without entertainment and prizes, so during the four day event, roving musicians and buskers will entertain festival-goers. Live music performances will also take place on the main stage each evening. Visitors are encouraged to gather up a picnic and relax into the evening with the beats. There will also be game sessions every day, with prizes, valued at over HK$1 million up for grabs, including: air tickets; wines; gourmet food; and wine tokens.
The CCB (Asia) Hong Kong Wine & Dine Festival is easily accessible via the MTR (10 minute walk from Admiralty Station, 20 minute walk from Central/Hong Kong Station) and via the ferry (five minute walk from Central Ferry Pier). Visitors can also take advantage of Super Time Offers, offering various discounts and value-adds and e-payment will be widely accepted.
General admission starts from HK$30 (approximately AU$5), or visitors can purchase a Perfect 10 Passport; Classic Wine Pass or Tasting Room packages with admission included. International visitors can also redeem a Special Pass, which includes: free admission; four wine tokens; two food tokens and one 10th year limited edition wine glass (valued at HK$260). www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/winedinefestival